APPLICATION FOR FOREIGN CITIZENS
I. Admission criteria, application documents and ranking
Foreign citizens may apply in Trakia University, Stara Zagora. The general requirement is that they have a Secondary school diploma allowing them to continue their studies in higher institutions and universities in the country of their secondary education.
1. Application form, containing short biography and the wanted specialty;
2. A copy of the document for completed secondary education (diploma or secondary school leaving certificate) when applying for the whole course of education, together with the official transcript of all studied subjects in secondary education as well as the obtained final marks in the subjects. The marks in Biology and Chemistry should be at least 62 % of the possible maximum of the grading system in the respective country.
3. The applicant's Academic transcript of records when applying for a partial term of studies.
4. An original medical health certificate, issued within a month before the date of application, stating that the applicant is in good physical and mental health to pursue a training course at the Trakia University in Stara Zagora.
5. A document issued by an authorized body certifying the right (eligibility) of the applicant to continue his/her education in universities in the country in which the latter has acquired his/her secondary education;
6. A copy of applicant’s ID;
7. Four photographs
The documents under № 2, 3, 4 and 5 should be legalized, translated into Bulgarian and certified with the Apostille stamps by the consular department to the Bulgarian diplomatic mission in the issuing country. In the absence of such a department – the general procedure for legalization, translation and certification of documents and other papers is possible.
Trakia University also offers training in English language for the specialties Medicine and Veterinary medicine. Applicants who want to study in English should have entry tests in Biology and Chemistry in English.
The knowledge in English language is certified by a Certificate for B2 level.
Important! Applicants whose native language is English and holders of IB diplomas do not need to certify their knowledge of English.
It is obligatory for the average marks from the Diploma of secondary education in subjects that are included in the final scoring to be no less than 62% of the possible maximum of the grading system in the respective country.
The documents are submitted in any of the following ways:
Personally in the Education Department in Trakia University, Stara Zagora – room 200
Recommended mail to the address:
Education Department – Rectorate, room 200
Stara Zagora, 6000
The course of the applicants for a partial term of studies will be defined by the managing team of the Universuty based on the applicant's Academic transcript of records.
The applicant gets his/her long-term visa type D in the diplomatic Bulgarian mission in his/her country of residence. The applicant should submit a document issued by the Ministry of Education and Science (Udostoverenie), a document for the paid fee for the first semester, and a passport (valid till October of the year of applying).
II. Training of the admitted students
Prior to starting the special studies foreigners admitted as students shall have a ten-month training course in Bulgarian language. The schedule for the second semester includes some disciplines such as Biology and Chemistry. Students sit for test-exams in these disciplines, which benefits the fast adaptation to the training courses in Trakia University. Those that have successfully completed the preparatory course, receive a certificate.
Applicants who know Bulgarian language sit for an exam in Bulgarian. Those who have successfully passed, are to be admitted without an entrance exam in the wanted specialty.
III. Tuition fees, admission of new students
The fees are determined yearly by a decision of the Ministry of councils. The fees for the 2017/2018 academic year are as follows:
The preparatory course of education – 2000 € – it is paid after receiving a letter of notification from the University stating that the applicant is admitted
The fees for the academic year are as follows:
Medicine – 6500 €
Medicine in English – 7000 €
Veterinary medicine – 3500 €
Veterinary medicine in English – 4000 €
Midwife – 3200 €
Nurse – 3200 €
Medical Rehabilitation and Ergotherapy – 3500 €
All the other specialties – 2000 €
The fee is to be paid in two equal installments – in the beginning of each semester.
The fee may be paid in any of these:
In cash in the pay-desk in the University
By bank payment to the following account:
IBAN – BG10 UNCR 76303400001671
IV. Application terms and deadlines:
Submitting the documents starts from 1st of April 2017
The entry tests in Biology and Chemistry in English are on 13th of September 2017
The academic year starts on the 11th of September 2017
The preparatory year starts on the 2nd of October 2017
V. Additional information
The students may use the campus of the University. The rent is between 30 and 40 € per month. The monthly living is about 150 €.
For more information please check the site of Trakia University http://www.uni-sz.bg
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Education Department of Trakia University
Tel. +359 42 699 209