Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Stara Zagora, offers training for acquiring PhD degree in the following 13 PhD programs:
– Veterinary surgery;
– Veterinary obstetrics and gynecology and diseases of newborn animals;
– Pathology of animals;
– Veterinary-sanitary expertise;
– Parasitology and invasive diseases of animals and humans;
– Zoohygiene and organization of veterinary services;
– Epizootiology, infectious diseases and prevention of infectious diseases in animals;
– Anatomy, histology and cytology;
– Physiology of animals and humans;
– Veterinary microbiology.
All PhD programs are in the field of higher education "Agricultural sciences and veterinary medicine", professional field "Veterinary medicine". The PhD training could be: self-dependent, regular (including paid), as well as part-time. PhD students get an opportunity to express and improve themselves in this unique area of our academic environment. In addition, innovative approaches for acquiring knowledge and skills enable successful communication and integration with other research and educational areas, particularly in the fields of medicine, biology, pharmacy, technology and biotechnology.
Under the Bologna process, PhD education (PhD) is defined as the third degree of higher education. It is a continuation of the students' training.
What are the advantages offered by PhD?
1. PhD students have the status of students and they receive a scholarship and assistance for accommodation at a dormitory.
2. Students can use all opportunities, offered by the faculty and the unit in which they work, to acquire theoretical knowledge and practical skills; students have access to specialized information (databases) and the chance to be included in different research projects.
3. There are opportunities for mobility and specialization in other units and universities abroad, not only during the training, but also afterwards.
4. Acquired PhD combine multidisciplinary and innovative skills and competences with up-to-date knowledge in a particular field of veterinary science. They are able to contribute to satisfying the needs of the society and labor market, not only within our country but also within the European Union and other countries.