Second International Scientific Conference
"Business and Regional Development.
Rural Areas – A look towards Europe 2020"
23-24 June, 2011
The International Scientific Conference "Business and Regional Development", set up by
Faculty of Economics, Trakia University, Bulgaria, is held every two years.
This is an initiative to build and maintain an efficient system "science-practice-government".
It is oriented towards academics, business representatives, local administration, and state authorities that develop sectoral and regional development policies at national and international level.
It took place on 12-13 November, 2009 and welcomed over 100 participants from 8 countries (Bulgaria, Germany, Great Britain, Spain, Czech Republic, Russia, USA, Turkey), who presented 70 reports, published in "Trakia Journal of Sciences"
Each one "Business and Regional Development" conference stresses on a specific problem area. The priority of the Second one is rural development. The rural development- as one of the focuses of the European Union- requires a broad discussion on the main issues, which will be considered in the rural development policy after 2013, taking into account key priorities – intelligent, sustainable and inclusive growth.
The coverage of the aims and objectives of the EU in the national rural development policies of individual member states requires excellent knowledge of trends and the specific socio-economic development after 2007, opportunities and challenges faced, as well as the practices with successful results.
GOAL OF THE CONFERENCE
The main goal of the conference is to prepare theoretical-methodological and empirical rationale for updating the rural development policies of the EU member states for 2013-2020 programming period. Thus the future of rural areas after 2013 will be put on the basis of knowledge and innovation.
- National, European and International development policies
- Business and Investment
- Public Administration and Local Government
- Agricultural sector in the context of the CAP
- Socio-cultural issues
- Information and Communication Technology
- Chairman of Honor: Prof. Ivan Stankov, DrSc, Rector of Trakia University
- Chairman: Assoc. Prof. Ivan Georgiev, Dean of Faculty of Economics
- Executive Chairmen: Assoc. Prof. Yuliyana Blagoeva-Yarkova, Vice Dean of Faculty of Economics
- Prof. Dimitar Kostov, DrSc
- Assoc. Prof.Todorka Atanasova, PhD
- Assoc. Prof. Rumen Otouzbirov, PhD
- Assoc. Prof. Nadka Kostadinova, PhD
- Assoc. Prof. Veneta Gaidarjieva, PhD
- Assoc. Prof. Ivanka Nikolova, PhD
- Assoc. Prof. Veselin Videv, PhD
- Assoc. Prof. Galina Dyakova, PhD
- Ch.Assist. Prof.Dimitrina Stoyancheva, PhD
- Senior Expert Rumyana Stankova
English and Bulgarian
- Applications with abstracts in English: 03/12/2011
- Confirmation for participation approved: 03/18/2011
- Participation fee: 03/25/2011
- Full reports in English: 06/23/2011
- Participation fee 100 BGN (includes: publishing, materials, coffee breaks, lunch and cocktail)
- Deadline: 03/25/2011
UniCredit Bulbank, Stara Zagora
IBAN: BG09 UNCR 7000 3116 5930 30
The costs of stay (travel, subsistence and accommodation) are paid by the participants.