- AGRARIAN ECONOMICS
- REGIONAL ECONOMICS
- BUSINESS ECONOMICS BACHELOR’S DEGREE
The graduates in AGRARIAN ECONOMICS acquire fundamental knowledge and practical skills in the fields of :
- European and Bulgarian agricultural policy;
- the legal frameworkand regulation of agrarian production;
- the products, markets and competitiveness in the agrarian field;
- the marketing of agrarian products;
- the working out of projects, strategic and business plans of economic units;
- analysis of business activities in the agrarian sector ;
- management of the resources and production technologies in the family agricultural farms, in the small, medium and big agrarian enterprises;
- accountancy of the activitiesin the agrarian production ;
- the information technologies implementationin the agrarian business;.
The graduates with a BBA degree can put into practice the knowledge and skills acquired as follows:
in the production area as managers and economists of sole proprietorship firms, associations and agrarian cooperatives;
- in the area of the manufacturing and trade of agricultural products;
- as experts in agrarian business, market researchers and brokers of agriculturaland food products;
- in enterprises, related to theagrarian production;
- as experts in financing and crediting theagrarian production;
- in the education area as teachers at secondary schools, colleges and universities;
- as experts in agrarian economics in NGO, in branch and regional organizations, unions, etc.
Assoc. prof. Hristo Momchilov, Phd – tutor in charge of the major.
The graduates in REGIONAL ECONOMICS acquire fundamental and specialized knowledge and practical skills in the field of:
- macroeconomics and microeconomics;
- regional economy and policy;
- management and marketing;
- planning, prognostication and accountancy;
- economic analysis of the regions;
- analytical models for the economic growth forecast of the regions;
- institutional cooperation for economic development at the local andregional level;
- the integrated community development at the local , regional l and national level;
- financing of the local andregional economic development ;
- the analysis, estimation and management of projects for local andregional economic development ;
- the investment in the regional business units;
- contemporary ICT in the regional economic development .
Specialists who have acquired this educational and qualification degree can put into practice their knowledge and skills as:
economists, managers, experts and employees at private and public organizational structures at the regional, national and European level;
experts in economic analysis at agencies for regional development, NGOs ;
- consultants on problems of regional economy and regional development;
- university lecturers,teachersat colleges and secondary schools;
- researchers at scientific institutes and universities in Bulgaria and abroad.
prof Veneta GAydardzhieva – tutor in charge of the major.
BUSINESS ECONOMICS BACHELOR’S DEGREE
Bachelor economist graduates in Business Economics acquire theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the following areas:
• mechanisms of the market economy;
• general and company management;
• organization and technology of production processes in the enterprise;
• marketing and trading in various sectors of the national economy;
• accounting for business transactions,
• financing and crediting business;
• planning and prognostication in business;
• entrepreneurship and business strategies;
• commodity science and the competitiveness of products;
• realization of investment projects for the modernization and development of business;
• application of information technology in business;
• economic and market analyses and evaluations;
• project rationale for starting small and medium business;
• knowledge of the characteristics of individual sectors and sub-sectors of economy .
Having acquired erudition and skills, graduates can occupy the following positions:
• managers, business analysts and experts in the private and public business organizations;
• consultants in business planning and prognostication, risk management, elaboration of investment projects for business development;
• contractors, supervising and developing business in various sectors of the national economy;
• professionals and experts in economics in government and non-governmental organizations;
• business analysts of processes and activities in the different organizational forms of business;
• researchers in public and private institutions and universities, consultancies, economic departments of large corporations at home and abroad;
• credit inspectors in banking and other financial institutions.
• professors of economics, management and finance of the enterprise in vocational schools.
Lecturer in charge of the major: Prof. RUMEN OTUZBIROV, PhD